sábado, 15 de octubre de 2011

WHAT NOT TO SAY TO PEOPLE AT PARTIES





Listen to some people asking inappropriate questions to people at a party. Complete these conversations.





DIALOGUE 1



Harry: Hello, you’re one of Peter’s friends, aren’t you?
Adrian: That’s right. I’m Adrian.
Harry: Hi, I’m Harry. Are you enjoying the party?
Adrian: Yes.
Harry: So, (1)........... do you (2).......... for a living, Adrian?
Adrian: I’m a doctor.
Harry: A doctor? Oh, that’s good. Listen, I have a (3)............ with my (4).............. .Could you (5)............. a (6)............ at it? I’ve got a pain just here.
Adrian: Sorry, can you excuse me? I’ve just seen Peter over there and I want (7)............ (8)............ him a Happy Birthday.

DIALOGUE 2
Man: James, this is Sandra.
James: Hi
Sandra: Nice to meet you.
Man: Sandra’s a teacher in secondary school.
James: a teacher? Really? What a wonderful job! You’re so lucky.
Sandra: Why lucky?
James: Well, you have really (1).......... (2)............ (3)..............!
Sandra: Yes, that’s what people always say. Perhaps you would like (4)............ (5).............. my class one day. When you teach teenagers all year you need a (6)........... (7).............. (8)...................


DIALOGUE 3
Catherine: Hello. We haven’t met before, have we?
Luke: No, I don’t think so.
Catherine: I’m Catherine, I’m Peter’s (1)..............
Luke: Oh, hi. I’m Luke. I went to school with Peter.
Catherine: Ah, Luke! You’re the travel agent, aren’t you?
Luke: Yes, I am.
Catherine: Peter’s told me all about you. Listen, can you recommend a (2)............... (3)................? I’d like to go somewhere (4).................. And I want (5).......... (6).......... in August. But when I say (7)............, I mean (8)......... Oh and I can’t fly…because I’m terrified of flying.

DIALOGUE 4
Woman: Deborah, can I introduce you to an old friend of mine, Lucy?
Deborah: Hi Lucy.
Lucy: Nice to meet you.
Woman: Lucy’s my hairdresser.
Deborah: Ah. You’re just the person I want (1)............ (2)............. to, Lucy. (3)........... do you (4).............. of my colour?
Lucy: Well….
Deborah: No, come on, (5).......... me the (6)............. Is it too (7).............?
Lucy: Er…. No. I think it’s fine.
Deborah: Are you sure?
Woman: Lucy, what (8)............. you l(9)............ to drink?
Lucy: Oh, a Diet Coke, please.
Deborah: Do you think my hair would look (10)............ shorter?
Woman: Deborah, Lucy’s not at work now.
Deborah: Oh sorry.

DIALOGUE 5
Andrea: Hi, I’m Andrea. Nice to (1)............ you.
Simon: Hello, my name’s Simon.
Andrea: (2).......... do you (3)............ Simon? No, don’t tell me! Let me guess your job! Let me see. You look like a ……professional footballer
Simon: No……I’m a psychiatrist.
Andrea: A psychiatrist! Ooh how fascinating! Simon…? Are you (4)................ me?
Simon: Er, no, I’m not. Excuse me, er, Andrea. I (5)............ (6)............. (7).............. to the bathroom.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario